How to connect a Braintree account with your Paperform account
Braintree and Paperform forms get along great! To connect an existing Braintree account with your Paperform account, just do the following.
- Go to Account Settings > Connected Services.
- Click the “Add Braintree Account” button.
- Fill out the form as appropriate (see this Braintree Article for information on how to get the required information)
- Click the “Connect Account” button.
Once your Braintree account has been connected to your Paperform account, you can use it for payments and subscriptions by choosing it as the Payment Account under Configure > Payments in the form editor.
How to connect your Paypal Business account with Braintree
This section is referenced from Braintree’s documentation (articles.braintreepayments.com).
In order to start accepting PayPal with Braintree, you’ll need to:
- have a compatible Braintree account
- have a free, verified PayPal Business Account
- enter your PayPal credentials in the Braintree Control Panel
1. Sign up for a PayPal Business Account
- Log into the PayPal console
- Click Profile near the top of the page
- Click My Personal Info
- Click Update near Business Information
- Click Upgrade
- Select a business type and click Continue
- Enter your business information and follow the remaining prompts
2. Verify your PayPal account
In order to avoid withdrawal limits or the inability to process transactions, you will need to verify specific information, like your bank account.
3. Enter your PayPal credentials in the Braintree Control Panel
You must enter your PayPal Business Account credentials in the Braintree Control Panel to enable PayPal. You can only link one PayPal account to your Braintree gateway.
- Log into the Control Panel
- Navigate to Settings > Processing > PayPal
- Click Options
- Enter your PayPal email address and password
- Click Link Account
- Make sure the “Use Vault flow” box is checked
- Click Update to save your selection
Braintree will send you an email to confirm that you have successfully logged into PayPal in your Braintree Control Panel and let you know if there are any next steps. Once you’ve been approved to process PayPal transactions, you will be notified via email. The approval process typically takes 1-2 business days.
If you do not see the option to enter in PayPal account credentials and your account was recently approved, please check back later. It can take a few business days for your account to be fully set up and for this option to become available in the Control Panel. Contact the Braintree Support team for more information.